GTE has a large team of communications engineers who specialise in industrial process control networks (PCN).
As these industrial networks are critical to plant/equipment reliability and availability, our PCN team provide communication engineering services for the full lifecycle of these networks. This ranges from early concept designs and budgeting, through to network/switch redesign, testing and upgrades. To enhance our support to clients, GTE are a Cisco Partner, which enables GTE to obtain the latest technical and product knowledge ensuring we can provide the best practice solutions.
The PCN team complements GTE’s process control and electrical engineering design teams allowing us to offer full turnkey solutions.
Our Communications Engineering capabilities include:
- End to end process control network design – including core, distribution and field switching
- Switch hardware/firmware upgrade strategy development – including shutdown planning and execution
- Switch configuration, factory acceptance testing and site commissioning
- Detailed documentation development such as upgrade methodologies, test documents and engineering drawings
- Switch compatibility testing, involving compatibility with control system devices
- Switch & operational equipment/PLC impact assessments
- Site network integration
- Site and remote support
- Network and communications standards development